Have you planned out your Valentine’s Day yet with your special someone? For many, the best decision this year will be to stay in and have a quiet romantic evening with their loved ones.
Now, the question becomes – What do we prepare???
We’re looking forward to having steak from Simmons Heritage Farms this Valentine’s Day when we stay home, available for purchase at Rocking R Ace Hardware in Harrisonburg. Simmons Heritage Farms beef is available in the freezer of the BBQ department at Rocking R Ace Hardware (1030 S. High Street, Harrisonburg). Come pick out your favorite from their selection of steaks, hamburgers, roasts, and even ribs – all from a local family farm giving you a sense of calm knowing who raised your beef and where you dinner came from.
Let’s get to one of our favorite recipes that we originally found from the Virginia Beef Council.
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef Flank Steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
Is this recipe not for you? Check out many more recipes from the Virginia Beef Council, here.
Remember, get your Simmons Heritage Beef at Rocking R Ace Hardware in Harrisonburg to put your Valentine’s Day plans over the top!